The Product Development Engineer will work directly with the Research and Development Manager to lead the redesign, testing, and production of linear actuators. They will also be responsible for resolving ongoing issues with linear actuators and controls.
The ideal candidate will be a driven, self-starting, and creative engineer who has an eye for detail and the ability to make independent decisions based on big picture thinking.
- Review current design of linear actuators and reported issues to create a new design.
- Determine all dimensions and material requirements based on availability and cost-effectiveness.
- Test designs using Solidworks Simulation.
- Produce complete production package including BOM, drawings, etc.
- Work with the manufacturing team to develop a production plan including costs and timeline.
- Work with the manufacturing team to develop prototypes.
- Build test equipment and test prototypes to determine product specifications.
- Produce technical datasheet, instruction manuals, and internal product education package.
- Lead internal product education campaign.
- Work with the marketing team to launch products.
- Identify, resolve, and document product issues based on customer feedback, prior product updates, and in-house testing.
- Propose procedural and equipment improvements to increase efficiency and quality of work.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in electromechanical product development or similar role.
- Diploma or degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, or a similar field of study.
- Solidworks 3D and simulation.
- Experience with brushed, brushless, and stepper motors, alongside sensors, and controls.
- Product development and manufacturing standards and certification.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Analog and digital feedback processing.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- High attention to detail and standard of quality.
- Eagerness to learn and continually improve.
- Passion for technology, ergonomics, and product design.
- Previous experience working with linear actuators and motors.
- Previous experience dealing with overseas manufacturing.
- Previous experience with Arduino.
- Previous experience with NetSuite and Asana.
Candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email at: email@example.com